Jun14

Runs of Pokémon Emerald, Pokémon Crystal, and Pokémon Red to feature in Bingothon Summer 2024 event in benefit of Médecins Sans Frontières

Bingothon will be returning with its summer event this weekend. As its name suggests, Bingothon Summer is a speedrunning event that focuses on bingos; the event has raised over $30000 across twelve marathons since their first event in 2018. Three Pokémon games spanning the first three generations of the main series are set to feature in this latest marathon, which can be watched from the official Bingothon Twitch channel. The charity for this season's event is Médecins Sans Frontières, a.k.a. Doctors Without Borders, a charity centered around providing medical care across the world to those in conflict zones and affected by various endemic diseases.

A bingo is a type of alternate speedrun or competitive event where players are given a card and must complete a series of objectives in it. This will most often be forming a line either horizontally, vertically, or diagonally. Others include completing multiple objectives, blackout (completing all objectives), or lockout (wherein objectives completed by one player won't count for ant others). Bingos became popular in the early days of SpeedRunsLive, and eventually led to the creation of a marathon centered around them. While bingos do not need to be done on an altered game, all of the Pokémon bingos in the event will be done on a randomizer, which changes the locations of items, Pokémon, enemy trainer teams, etc.

The details and expected times for the Pokémon runs in the event is as follows. Please note that these times were correct at time of writing, but may be subject to change based on alterations in the marathon. Check the full schedule to check the approximate start time for each run in your local timezone, as well as for any schedule changes and updates.

Pokémon Emerald Randomizer
Friday June 14th - 12:10pm (PDT)
Category: Most Goals in 3 Hours
Expected length: 3:00:00
Runner: thedmpanda

Pokémon Crystal Randomizer
Saturday June 15th - 6:25am (PDT)
Category: Triple Bingo
Runner: robthegamer115

Pokémon Red Randomizer
Sunday June 146h - 2:45pm (PDT)
Category: Most Goals in 3 Hours (CHAOS EDITION)
Runner: thedmpanda

To donate to Bingothon, refer to the marathon's Twitch page while it is active for further instructions.
System Error Written by System Error

Comments

thedmpanda
thedmpanda Jun 14, 2024
The emerald run is a blind run, I have done 0 preparation because I like chaos.
In the red run, every possible setting will be randomized, their are also incentives for the red run, you can choose my starting location Normal, Celedon, Saffron or Fuchia.
Also you can choose what sprite pallet is used Normal Pokémon Red Sprites, Pokémon Green Sprites, Pokémon Yellow Sprites

It will be lots of fun for a great cause but may the lords of RNG bless me (edit grammar)