Sep6

Which game used its legendaries best?

Hi guys, i was wondering, which game in the series do you think made the best use of the legendary pokemon in it? I'm thinking of where they are located, how the story used them, their effect on the rest of the game should you use them, etc. I don't just mean the boxart legends, i mean the full set of legendaries present in the game. You can't just rank BW high because of Reshiram, you have to take Virizion into account as well.

For me, the top games would be RS. We have a good mix of plot relevant legendaries and exploration rewards, with the boxart legendaries showing off their power after the evil team awakened them, and only the player being able to calm them. Really made these legendaries feel strong, yet they aren't so strong at that point that they can carry you through the rest of the game. Rayquaza and especially the Regi trio serve as nice exploration reward, with the regis' crazy braille puzzles only adding to the joy when you figure them out. Too bad i have to dock some points for having a roamer, but there are far worse games in that category.