Jun14

What Video Game Would You Like To See Get a Remake?

Seeing that there's been a lot of remakes of popular games that have been coming out (Final Fantasy 7, Seiken Densetsu 3, Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town, and so on), I'm wondering if there's any games that people would like to see get a remake, or remade in some fashion. Whether it's to update the graphics, clean up some flaws from the original stories, polish the gameplay, or something of that nature, are there any games you'd like to have a remake? Discuss here!

There is one game that I would LOVE to see have a remake: Final Fantasy: The Four Heroes of Light, the game that created the Bravely Default franchise. Mostly for one thing: NO AUTO-TARGETING!!! Seriously, I don't know who thought it was a good idea to make the game auto-target enemies, but it was just an awful idea all around. It makes battles so much more needlessly complicated, and if you're not careful, or a veteran in playing video games, this can really screw you over. I like games that let me do what I want rather than force me to make a decision I may or may not be comfortable with. If this game ever gets a remake in some way, I really hope they get rid of auto-targeting. Please.

On the subject of Harvest Moon, since Friends of Mineral Town is getting a remake, I'd love to see A Wonderful Life be remade as well, with better graphics and more additions to the story. I tried playing the original, and while I did like it, I had a hard time with some elements, such as there being only eight days in a whole season, the goat, the lack of character events, the crops never indicating which ones are good for which season, and so on.
techadon Written by Juliko