Mar26

TINA's Nuzlocke Series

Hi guys, i've decided to do a series of nuzlockes, covering every mainline pokemon game except Legends. i probably won't see it through to the end, but we'll see. I'm going to start out with Pokemon Sword, and then go through the others in a pretty much random order. paired versions are the same game in my eyes, but i do consider remakes and third versions to be separate games. I will be describing my journeys through the eyes of my player character, from a first-person perspective.

The order in which i am going to play them is Sword - Leaf Green - Omega Ruby - X - Diamond - Moon - White - Crystal - Shining Pearl - Yellow - Sapphire - Red - Soul Silver - Violet - Black 2 - Platinum - Let's Go Eevee - Emerald - Gold - Ultra Sun

Rules will be as follows:
  1. I may only use the first pokemon i encounter in an area. I may catch others, but i may not use them.
  2. Once a pokemon faints, it is dead and i may no longer use it
  3. I must nickname all my pokemon
  4. i will not be using legendary or mythical pokemon. exception is for Pokemon White, where not using the legendary makes no narrative sense.
  5. The challenge starts when i get my first poke balls. encounters before that time do not count.
  6. I may not use affection except to evolve Eevee into Sylveon
  7. I don't know how nuzlockes normally treat gift pokemon, so i've decided that unless they're repeatable, i may accept and use them and they don't count as my encounter for that location
  8. I will not intentionally skip trainers. you're not the best until you've beaten the rest.
  9. I will not be doing trade evolutions, for the simple reason that i lack the ability to trade with myself and i'm not trusting strangers
  10. I will not be making use of the Day Care
  11. I may do in-game trades so long as the mon i'm trading away is one that i'm allowed to use
  12. I may use HM slaves if none of my pokemon can learn a certain HM that is required to progress. These HM slaves may not be used in battle and will be boxed permanently once their services are no longer needed.
  13. Game-specific rules will be detailed as i start each game
Most nuzlockes have a rule that once you white out, it's a game over, but i've decided that i will keep going so long as i still have pokemon in the box that i am allowed to use.

I should probably say up front that i do not own working copies of Emerald, DP or Platinum, so i am going to have to resort to piracy. I have moral objections to piracy, it's essentially theft, but since there's no proper way by which i can acquire these games anymore, i feel like Nintendo isn't missing out on my money anyway.

I should also note that the games from gen 6 on, as well as the games i'm pirating, will be played in Japanese, so there's a decent chance i'll use english and japanese names for places and characters interchangeably.

Link for chapter 2: My Nuzlocke Series
Link for chapter 3: My Nuzlocke Series
Link for chapter 4: TINA's Nuzlocke Series
Link for chapter 5: TINA's Nuzlocke Series
Link for chapter 6: TINA's Nuzlocke Series
Link for chapter 7: TINA's Nuzlocke Series
Link for chapter 8: TINA's Nuzlocke Series
Link for chapter 9: TINA's Nuzlocke Series
Link for chapter 10: TINA's Nuzlocke Series
Link for chapter 11: TINA's Nuzlocke Series
Link for chapter 12: TINA's Nuzlocke Series
Link for chapter 13: TINA's Nuzlocke Series