Jun10

The TILT Thread (Today I Learned That…)

This thread is exactly what it says it is! Have you learned something interesting, shocking, or even just mundane today? A fun fact, or just something from your everyday life? Something good, something not-so-good, or just meh? Whatever it is, feel free to share it here!

(That said, I’d advise everyone to show particular discretion for potentially sensitive or triggering topics. For example, if it’s about something violent, then please provide a trigger warning for that, or perhaps refrain from posting it at all. Or if it’s, say, about something that people commonly have a phobia of, like spiders or something, then a warning would probably be a good idea for that, too. And of course, forum rules apply as always; remember to take a peek at the rules for any potentially prohibited topics, or ask a mod if you’re unsure.)

Today I learned… that Costco, a popular chain of wholesale warehouse clubs here in the US where I live, has a store in the UK! Liverpool, to be exact. And then I learned that there are way, way more Costcos than that both in the UK and elsewhere, and that the company is apparently the 5th largest retailer on the planet. As well as the planet’s largest seller of both rotisserie chicken (no surprise, haha) and wine (legit surprise!), among other things. Wow…
VaatiRulesets Written by InfiniteBakuphoon