Oct19

LT's Brainstorming Blog

Third blog's the charm?

Unlike my other two blogs, this one is more a depository for ideas that I may or may not expand and write about.

Starting things off with an idea @Greninjaman @InfiniteBakuphoon, @prog rocker and I were all talking about today:

FF 12-like Pokemon Pure Fantasy Adventure (no title just yet--I'm only brainstorming at this point)

What stays from FF 12:

--evil empire (and the taking down thereof)
--vast world
--vast bestiary and things to find

What is different:

--different plot
--Sensational Six play the roles (with different classes and backstories)

Ash and Serena=Vaan and Penelo counterparts. Ash simply wants to go and see the world, never mind the evil empire (MUCH more dangerous Team Rocket counterpart) is afoot. Serena goes with him for support and wanting to see all the world has to offer.

Ash wields a mageblade (with a magebow if swordplay is not possible); Serena wields rapiers (and learns archery from Brock during the adventure, so she too has a backup when swordplay is not possible.

Brock and Misty=Balthier and Fran counterparts (Pewter counterpart and Cerulean counterpart have already been obliterated, and Brock and Misty joined up while fleeing into the mountains, performing as musicians, storytellers, and dancers ever since. It turns out Pewter counterpart was obliterated because Brock has a gift of singing magic, which the empire would want; and Cerulean counterpart was obliterated because royal family refused to give up Water elemental sapphire.

Brock can either wield a bow, or use his instruments or his voice to cast magic. Misty wields twin blades as a bladedancer (she can also play magic on an enchanted fiddle)

Dawn and May=Ashe and Basch counterparts. Dawn recently ascended the throne, with May as her lady. Her kingdom is one that has not yet fallen to the Rockets, but Dawn is a wise ruler like her mother, and coordinated all the competing Rocket resistance movements under one banner, moving the combined resistance force to an out of the way town. The others meet up with May and Dawn there, and the real adventure to liberate the fantastic Pokeworld begins.

As an illusionist, May wields a scepter, and Dawn is a magic knight (wielding her mother's sword and cosmic, light, water, and ice magic)

Keep in mind this idea is very much in progress, and may not get expanded. But if I do go ahead with this idea, all the worldbuilding and ideas will be kept here.
CynthiaLover Written by LightningTopaz