May18

Internet Nostalgia

A thread for my homies who grew up on early 2000s internet (or even before that!) I just wanna talk about stuff that was our ‘normal’ from that era that now really may not feel so normal! Flash games, obscure sites, pet sims what have you. What was important in your digital footprint from the internet’s earlier days.

A few things of mine (besides Neopets) were that I would watch music videos through TokyoPop’s old website because for some reason to younger me it felt safer than youtube. LMAO. I also played a bunch of niche dressup games on a now defunct site called Gamegecko. Myscene and Barbie.com of course were also staples.

I also remember posting my old Pokemon fanfics to this site that Nickelodeon used to run but they nuked it (thank god) so now all my cringe 13 year old fics are lost to the aether… Somehow I didn’t get into Gaiaonline. I did get a little into TinierMe though. THERE WERE ALSO THESE WEIRD LITTLE GUYS I BRIEFLY PLAYED WITH CALLED UB FUNKIES!!! They had some online game!! (It wasn’t very good) LMAO. I also remember playing golf a ton on Candystand.com. Please tell me I’m not the only one who remembers that site.
Written by Blanc