Dec3

How often do y'all talk to your online friends?

Tbh, I hardly ever talk to my online friends outside of discord servers. It's very rare for me to hop onto one of my online friends DMs and chat with them, even if they're on my discord friends list. It just feels kinda weird for me to just simply chat with my discord buddies in the DMs and talk about how our day was and stuff. We'd be lucky to even chat with each other at least once a month lol.

I also take time zones into consideration, since some of my online friends live on the opposite side of the earth. I have a couple of online friends whose time zones are way ahead of mine. For example, I'm in the CST time zone. If I had an online friend who lives in Australia (which I do), their time zone could be as close as 14 hours ahead of me if they're in AWST or as far as a whopping 17 hours ahead of me if they're in AEDT, depending on where they live in Australia.

Sometimes, I feel the urge to hop onto my online friends DMs, only to back down because I have no idea if they'll be up to chat with me because they might to way too busy with stuff. And for all I know, they could be fast asleep while I'm going by my day (bc time zones) and vice versa. I mean, imagine how awkward it'll be to wish your online friend a happy birthday or merry christmas when it's not even your friend's birthday or christmas yet or it's already over on either end's time zone.
Claire386 Written by chocovelvetcake