Jul26

Forums Changelog and Feedback

The thread we previously had for general discussion and feedback on the forums was getting a bit long in the tooth, having originally been posted way back in 2015 shortly after we moved to Xenforo. A lot's changed since then, both in terms of the actual backend setup with the forums software and servers, and in our capacity to address issues in a timely fashion as they crop up.

Moving forward, we're hoping to try and keep to a much more regular update schedule for the forums than we have in the past. While I'd hesitate to lock us down into an exact schedule, you can expect regular updates of our forum addons as required, probably on the range of every 1-2 months, in addition to any urgent updates that might be done to address security or user privacy issues. In the interests of helping make sure everyone on the forums knows what's happening when we perform these upgrades, I'm going to be updating this thread every time we make any changes to the forums which might impact on the user experience. I'll use the threadmarks system for those, so you can easily find the latest changelogs.

Along with the increased pace of updates, we're going to be making an effort to be much more proactive in resolving various issues that you all bring forward. I'll also be using this thread to keep you all up to date on what we're currently working on, whether that be bug fixes, or even just work on new forum styles for you to try out. Feel free to use this thread to bring up any bugs/issues/problems that you might encounter here as well (or, hopefully, to give some positive feedback on your experiences with the forums).
lisianthus Written by Archaic