Mar2

favorite and least favorite gym leader from each gen?

what the title says. you can explain your reasoning if you want, but you don't have to.
here are my personal picks:

gen i
  • favorite: blue, but if we're talking strictly kanto-focused games then sabrina. erika is a very close runner up though.
  • least favorite: brock i guess, he's just not particularly interesting to me compared to the others.

gen ii
  • favorite: jasmine (unsurprisingly), she's adorable and has such a lovely and kind personality. (plus, well... amphy!)
  • least favorite: clair. maybe whitney isn't a great sport, but at least she didn't send you off on a fetch quest (that can potentially soft-lock your game in gs) in order to actually receive the badge.

gen iii
  • favorite: wallace and winona a million times over
  • least favorite: wattson, i don't dislike him but he's not nearly as standout to me as the rest.

gen iv
  • favorite: roark. not sure why lol, i just like his vibe.
  • least favorite: crasher wake, i can't bring myself to care about him at all, sorry...

gen v
  • favorite: probably elesa or roxie, i can't really pick
  • least favorite: cress i suppose, he's just a little too smarmy for my liking.

gen vi
  • favorite: valerie. adore her otherworldly design and unique personality... and her ace is my favorite pokemon of all time which may help lol
  • least favorite: i honestly like all of the kalos leaders to some extent, ramos just sticks out the least in my head

gen viii
  • favorite: bea for sure, love her design and general vibes. great mix of cute and badass.
  • least favorite: melony simply on the grounds that she pressure(d? s?) gordie into continuing using the ice type instead of pursuing his own favorite. she's fine otherwise, that just irks me a lil d: let the kid do what he wants, he ain't hurting anyone!

gen ix
  • favorite: larry and iono (obvious reasons are obvious)
  • least favorite: kofu, i do not find him interesting at all. i also do not care much for his physical design, it is just uncanny to me. other than him paldea has my favorite gym leaders in the series, so :sadsola:
Written by guzmania