Electric-Type Masters High Score Event launches in Pokémon Masters EX, alongside Poké Fair and 5★-Select Electric-Type Scouts
High Score Event: Electric-Type Masters
Electric-Type Masters is the latest in what is still a relatively new event format for Pokémon Masters EX. In High Score Events, players will aim to score the highest amount possible within a set of five battles. Electric-Type Masters will see players facing off against a gauntlet of Electric-type Sync Pairs, including Lt. Surge, Volkner, Elesa, Clemont, and Marnie. By completing battles in this event and achieving a higher total score, players will be able to earn a variety of rewards, including 5★ Power-Ups, Certificates of Excellence, and Move Candy Coins. Players can also obtain Gems x100, Electric Tome, Vol. 1 x120, and Electric Codex, Vol. 1 x120 as first-time rewards for completing each battle.
Each High Score Event comes with a set of Event Rules that apply to all battles, and serve as a set of conditions to evaluate how players have completed each battle. The ratings on each of these rules determine the player's base score for each battle. The rules for Electric-Type Masters are as follows:
- Time trial - Players will obtain a higher score the faster they complete a battle.
- More stat decreases -Players will obtain a higher score the more times all allied sync pairs' stats have been lowered in total when a battle is completed. For sync pairs whose HP dropped to 0 during the battle, the number of stat decreases that sync pair had when they were knocked out will be counted.
- Fewer attacks - Players will obtain a higher score the fewer total times all allied sync pairs land attacks.
- Paralysis: 1 or more times - Players will receive a bonus 1,000 to their base score by inflicting the Paralysis status condition on an opponent 1 or more times.
- Unova or Alola: 1 or more Pairs - Players will receive a bonus 1,000 to their base score by forming a team with 1 or more characters with the Unova or Alola themes.
- 0 Pairs: x0 Score
- 1 Pair: x1 Score
- 2 Pairs: x2 Score
- 3 Pairs: x3 Score
A ranking feature is also available to this event, allowing players to see how well they've done against other trainers. Players whose Best Score is within the top 10,000 spots at the end of the event will be awarded Master Rank, receiving a special Medal as a general mission reward. Final Ranking Results will only be announced after the event has concluded, from September 28th, at 11:00pm (PDT), and will remain available until October 5th, at 10:59pm (PDT).
Players should also note the following when playing this event:
- To participate, players must have completed Main Story Chapter 1: The More the Merrier (Normal) in single-player.
- Area info completion data will not be carried over the next time this event returns.
- The sync pairs that appear as opponents in battle have different capabilities than those players can actually obtain.
- It may take some time for rankings to be updated, meaning the in-game rankings may not reflect the most recent results.
- Battles finished after the event period ends may not be reflected in the rankings.
Two new scout banners have started today in Pokémon Masters EX, running alongside Electric-Type Masters.
5★-Select Type Scout
In this 5★-Select Type Scout featuring only Electric-Type Sync Pairs, players can spend 2,000 paid gems to receive an 11x Scout, as well as an additional bonus selection of a 5★ Sync Pair from the limited pool. This scout can be used up to 3 times during the scouting period.
5★ Elesa (Classic) & Emolga makes a return this week in this Poké Fair Scout. This version of Elesa first made their debut in an Elesa Poké Fair Scout back in December 2021, and was available again in a 5★-Select Poké Fair Scout x25 which ran for the game's 3rd anniversary celebrations in 2022.
As with a typical Poké Fair Scout, 5★ Sync Pairs will have a 10% chance of appearing, with the two featured trainers having a higher chance of being scouted. As always, Poké Fair exclusive Sync Pairs may reappear in future Poké Fair Scouts.
In conjunction with this scout, Elesa (Classic) & Emolga's sync grid has now been expanded with new Fair-Exclusive Sync Pair tiles. Some of these tiles will only unlock when players raise the Sync Pair's move level to 2, 4, or 5.
Palmer & Regigigas to debut in a Poké Fair Scout later this week
A post on the official Pokémon Masters EX account on X (formerly Twitter) has confirmed the impending debut of the Tower Tycoon Palmer, who will appear in a sync pair together with Regigigas. The Palmer Poké Fair Scout will run from September 15th, at 11:00pm (PDT), until October 5th, at 10:59pm (PDT).