Mar3

New trailer, concept art, and cast information released for the upcoming new Pokémon anime series

New anime main visual
A new trailer for the upcoming new Pokémon anime series aired this evening in Japan after the end of the most recent anime episode. Shortly afterwards, the trailer was uploaded to the English language Official Pokémon YouTube channel, together with English subtitles. A new Japanese press also released a collection of concept art and cast information for the three main human characters in the new anime. The new series will begin broadcasting on TV Tokyo in Japan with a 1 hour special starting 6:55pm (JST) on April 14th.

The newly released main visual for the series depicts Liko, Roy, Friede, and Captain Pikachu, along with a selection of Pokémon from various regions, including the three Paldean starter Pokémon, and the shiny Rayquaza seen in earlier promotional material. A new human character can also be seen in the background. While their relation to the rest of the cast is not clear, they do appear to be positioned as either a rival or antagonist to the three main characters.

Released alongside the main visual were character draft art for Liko and Roy by Game Freak's Ken Sugimori, and character draft art for Professor Friede by Game Freak's Tomomi Kaneko.

Liko & Roy
Liko will be voiced by Minori Suzuki (鈴木みのり), who is perhaps best known for her role as Freyja Wion in Macross Delta. This is her first major voice role connected to the Pokémon franchise, though she previously played the character of Regina in the Pokémon Journeys episode Breaking the Ice!
Minori Suzuki (鈴木みのり) - Voice of Liko said:
オーディション資料を頂き、リコと出会った瞬間。絶対にリコと一緒に冒険の旅に出たい! 一歩を踏み出したい! と、感じた事のない熱い強い気持ちが込み上げてきたのを覚えています。この出会いは運命なんじゃないかと思えるくらい、何が何でも演じたいと思いました。だからこそ、ポケモンを愛し創り上げてきたスタッフの皆様に、こうしてリコを任せて頂いたことが、今はただとても幸せです。
The moment I received the audition materials was when I met Liko. I absolutely want to embark on an adventure together with Liko! I want to take a step forward! I remember feeling a hot and strong feeling that I'd never felt before. To the point of it seeming like this meeting must be destiny, I thought I had to play this role at all costs. Because of that, I'm so happy right now that I've been entrusted with Liko by the staff who have loved and create Pokémon.

私はアニポケと同じ1997年に生まれました。そして生まれてからずっと、当たり前の様にポケモンが傍に居ました。これからも世界中の皆様にとって、ポケモンがそうであるように。全身全霊をかけてリコを演じます。
I was born in 1997, the same year as the Pokémon anime. And ever since I was born, Pokémon has always been by my side, like it was just the natural place for it. I hope that for everyone around the world, Pokemon will continue to be that way. I will play Rico with all my heart and soul.

今度のアニポケも、最高に素敵なものになっています。ぜひ楽しみにしていてください!
The next Pokémon anime is becomming the best, most wonderful thing. Please look forward to it!

Roy will be played by Yuka Terasaki (寺崎裕香), whose past roles include Korina in the Pokémon anime, Pac-Man in Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures, and Hephaestus in Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?.
Yuka Terasaki (寺崎裕香) - Voice of Roy said:
テレビアニメ「ポケットモンスターXY」シリーズで、コルニ役としてサトシとピカチュウと共に冒険出来た3年間は私にとって宝物のような時間でした。その時に先輩方から学んだ事、作品に対する熱い想い、あの3年があったからこそ、今回新シリーズで主人公の1人を任せていただいたと言う事に、より大きなプレッシャーと責任を感じています。あの時見て感じた先輩方の作品への愛を、しっかり胸に抱きしめて、今回の新シリーズに挑もうと思っています。
The three years that I was able to adventure with Ash and Pikachu while playing the role of Korrina in the Pokémon XY anime series were a treasured time for me. Because of what I was able to learn from my seniors at that time, my passionate love for the work, and those three years, in saying that I have been entrusted with one of the main characters in this new series, I feel a great sense of pressure and responsibility. Firmly embracing the love I felt looking at the work of my seniors at that time, I want to take on the challenge of this new series.

これから初めてアニポケを見る子供達にとって、リコとロイが友達のような存在になってくれる事を願いつつ、アニポケファンのみなさんには、リコとロイのことも愛して頂けるように、全力で役と作品と向き合い、楽しい時間をお届けできるよう頑張ります!
For the children who are watching the Pokémon anime for the first time, I hope that Liko and Roy will become an existance like friends to them, and for Pokémon anime fans, I will do my best to put all my all into facing my role and deliver a fun time, so that they can also come to love Liko and Roy.

どうか、新たな歴史のはじまりを一緒に見届けてください。よろしくお願いします。
Please, join us in witnessing the beginning of a new history. Thank you.

Professor Friede
Taku Yashiro (八代拓) will take on the role of Professor Friede. They have previously played the role of the Galarian Gym Leader Gordie in Pokémon Masters EX, though their most notable role to date is arguably as the titular Tiger Mask in Tiger Mask W.
Taku Yashiro (八代拓) - Voice of Friede said:
小学生の時に、テレビアニメ「ポケットモンスター」を観て、自分もポケモンと一緒に冒険したい! と夢見たことを今でも覚えています。これだけの歴史を積み重ねてきて世界中から愛され続けている大好きな作品に自分が出演できると知った時は、嬉しさと驚きで身震いしました。
When I was in grade school, I watched the Pokémon anime and wanted to go on an adventure together with Pokémon! I still remember dreaming about it. When I learned that I would be able to appear in this work that adore so much, that has accumulated so much history and continues to be loved all over the world, I was trembling with delight and surprise.

ポケモンの歴史と一緒に成長してきた大人はもちろん、かつての自分のように、胸いっぱいの夢を子供達に感じていただけるように、フリードというキャラクターを誠心誠意演じていきたいと思っています。
I would like to play the role of Friede with whole-hearted devotion, so that not only adults who have grown up with the history of Pokemon, but also children can feel dreams that fill their hearts, just like I once did.

Series Staff:
Director: Saori Den (でんさおり)
Creative Director: Daiki Tomiyasu (冨安大貴)
Action Director: Tetsuo Yajima (矢嶋哲生)
Series Composition: Dai Sato (佐藤大)
Character Design: Rei Yamazaki (山崎玲愛)
Sub Character Design: Kyoko Ito (伊藤京子)
Sound Director: Masafumi Mima (三間雅文)
Music: Conisch
Animation Production: OLM
Archaic Written by Archaic

Comments