Aug23

Win a copy of Pokémon Scarlet or Violet as part of Bulbagarden's pre-order giveaway!

ScarletViolet.PNG
The ninth Generation of Pokémon is swiftly approaching, and to celebrate this milestone, Bulbagarden is giving away nine pre-order copies of either Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet! It could hardly be easier to enter - all you have to do is make a comment under this news post, answering one simple question: Which starter Pokémon are you planning to use in Scarlet or Violet, and why?

Your response can be as long as you like, but must actually answer the question. For example, "I'm planning on using Quaxly in my first Scarlet playthrough because I haven't used a Water-type starter since Gen IV!" would be a good response, but "I'm going to use the green one, just because." would not be. Final judgement on if a sufficient answer has been given will rest with the Bulbagarden staff.

The deadline for all entries is Friday September 16th, at 11:59pm (PDT). Once this deadline has passed, we will randomly select our nine winners from respondents. Winners will be contacted in the first instance via Bulbagarden Forums DM, and then via any other contact details connected to their Bulbagarden Forums account in the event that we don't receive a response.

Due to Amazon pre-order limitations, we can only award up to three copies per geographic region; Amazon US, UK etc. Winners in Canada and some other countries may also be required to answer a basic skill-testing question to receive their prize, in compliance with local laws. As a result of these factors, we will also need to know the country in which you are based, so make sure you've added this information to your account details to confirm your eligibility.

Full terms and conditions for this contest, along with an FAQ, can be found here.

Good luck, Trainers!
Archaic Written by Archaic

Comments

T
toxicglitch Aug 23, 2022
I'm choosing Sprigatito mainly because I love cats! The Spanish pun is adorable, but I've never used a grass starter before and I'm looking forward to trying that out! :]
lethalzero485
lethalzero485 Aug 23, 2022
View attachment 163040The ninth Generation of Pokémon is swiftly approaching, and to celebrate this milestone, Bulbagarden is giving away nine pre-order copies of either Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet! It could hardly be easier to enter - all you have to do is make a comment under this news post, answering one simple question: Which starter Pokémon are you planning to use in Scarlet or Violet, and why?

Your response can be as long as you like, but must actually answer the question. For example, "I'm planning on using Quaxly in my first Scarlet playthrough because I haven't used a Water-type starter since Gen IV!" would be a good response, but "I'm going to use the green one, just because." would not be. Final judgement on if a sufficient answer has been given will rest with the Bulbagarden staff.

The deadline for all entries is Friday September 16th, at 11:59pm (PDT). Once this deadline has passed, we will randomly select our nine winners from respondents. Winners will be contacted in the first instance via Bulbagarden Forums DM, and then via any other contact details connected to their Bulbagarden Forums account in the event that we don't receive a response.

Due to Amazon pre-order limitations, we can only award up to three copies per geographic region; Amazon US, UK etc. Winners in Canada and some other countries may also be required to answer a basic skill-testing question to receive their prize, in compliance with local laws. As a result of these factors, we will also need to know the country in which you are based, so make sure you've added this information to your account details to confirm your eligibility.

Full terms and conditions for this contest, along with an FAQ, can be found here.

Good luck, Trainers!
I'm using Sprigatito, always loved cats and every game ive played i will always get all the cat pokemon as soon as the game lets me.
TheGreatYami
TheGreatYami Aug 23, 2022
I’m choosing quaxly because I think it’s adorable and ducks are cute in general. I’m super excited to see what it’ll evolve into (hopefully it’ll be something like a pirate duck but I’ll love my partner no matter what! :) )
ScarlettRose
ScarlettRose Aug 23, 2022
I’m picking Fuecoco! Fire/ghost is one of my favorite typings and also how could I say no to that adorable stupid smile
TheGreatYami
TheGreatYami Aug 23, 2022
I’m choosing quaxly because I think it’s adorable and ducks are cute in general. I’m super excited to see what it’ll evolve into (hopefully it’ll be something like a pirate duck but I’ll love my partner no matter what! :) )
Can’t forget the amazing hair either
Hexalyst
Hexalyst Aug 23, 2022
Sprigatito, simply because cats are my favourite animal, buuuuuut if it ends up evolving bipedal then i'l probably go with Quaxly
AxleMagnum
AxleMagnum Aug 23, 2022
Quaxly (if I get the game) because water gang for life
Vicinte
Vicinte Aug 23, 2022
View attachment 163040The ninth Generation of Pokémon is swiftly approaching, and to celebrate this milestone, Bulbagarden is giving away nine pre-order copies of either Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet! It could hardly be easier to enter - all you have to do is make a comment under this news post, answering one simple question: Which starter Pokémon are you planning to use in Scarlet or Violet, and why?

Good luck, Trainers!
I'm picking Sprigatito because I love cats! That's why I picked Litten in Sun/ Moon as well.
S
symms Aug 23, 2022
Fuecoco (even though I usually use the grass starters). It's pretty much exclusively because of his stupid smile; I love the mons who look like they have zero thoughts in their heads. So I'll pick him and keep him unevolved so he stays cute.
OliveHugh2
OliveHugh2 Aug 23, 2022
Totally sprigatito for my first playthrough, because I mostly start with grass or water types and the design is my favorite. I also am most curious about the evolution line from all the starters.
HexYeosin
HexYeosin Aug 23, 2022
I'm probably choosing Fuecoco because I typically choose Grass or Fire starters, and my boyfriend is going to be choosing Sprigatito this gen! All the starters are very cute and I'm very excited for Scarlet/Violet!
G
Geodude Aug 23, 2022
I'm usually partial to Fire starters, so I think I'm going with Fuecoco the first time for Violet.
R
richi3f Aug 23, 2022
I will pick Quaxly as my starter. Water is one of my favorite types, & I love birds, so the choice is logical. I am also curious to see what it will evolve to, hopefully it gets a cool design like Blaziken or Decidueye.
Reactions: Rinh
Max1996
Max1996 Aug 23, 2022
I intend to pick Fuecoco for my starter. It may or may not be due to my inherent affinity towards reptilian Pokémon, but this one personally appeals to me the most.
D
Dangerduck Aug 23, 2022
I plan on using Quaxly because I haven’t used a water type starter in a while and I love ducks!
A
AJ100 Aug 23, 2022
I'll pick Sprigatito because it looks like a ruthless killer (relatively speaking).
K
Khaizer101 Aug 23, 2022
Sprigatito will be the starter of choice for me! As a swede growing up in India, it was hard. Until one day after school a fox wandered onto the family's house property, my brother and I fed it food (foolishly I know) and it became our loyal friend for four years! So now that there's another fox based starter Pokemon, I have another chance to honour my foxy friend from my childhood once more. Cheers guys!
The Archive
The Archive Aug 23, 2022
I'm picking Sprigatito. Usually, I tend towards water starters, but I don't think I've ever actually gone with a grass type on any of my first playthroughs, so now seems like a good time to do so!
T
ThatsSoDerek Aug 23, 2022
I’m choosing Quaxly mainly for the sensitive boy representation. I can only hope his evolution will be some fabulous sailor super model strutting down the ship deck. No more sad and brooding final evos please.