Mar12

1-hour special broadcast announced for the 25th anniversary of the Pokémon anime on April 1st

Pocket_Monsters_2019_logo.png
The Pokémon anime will celebrate its 25th anniversary on April 1st. To commemorate this occasion, a one-hour anime special, featuring two Pokémon Journeys: The Series episodes, has been announced. VS Shitennou 1-Jikan Batoru Supesharu (VS四天王1時間バトルスペシャル VS The Elite Four 1 Hour Battle Special) will feature both new and returning characters, including the first Pokémon Journeys appearances of Clemont and Bonnie, who traveled with Ash in the Kalos region in Pokémon the Series: XY. The special will air on TV Tokyo on April 1st, from 6.55 P.M. JST to 7.55 P.M. JST. The first episode of the Pokémon anime aired in Japan on April 1st, 1997.

103.png

The first episode, Satoshi to Citron! Yuujou Daitokukun! (サトシとシトロン!友情大特訓!! Ash and Clemont! Special Friendship Training!!) will see Ash travel back to the Kalos region ahead of the next tournament in the World Coronation Series. Featuring the return of Lumiose City Gym Leader and former travelling companion to Ash, Clemont, he will appear along with his young sister, Bonnie. Ash will undergo special training from Clemont ahead of his next World Coronation Series match. Something seems to be wrong with his Sirfetch'd though? Ash's Dracovish also seems to be taking a special interest in Sirfetch'd!

The Japanese voice actors for Clemont (Yuki Kaji) and Bonnie (Mariya Ise) each gave comments about their return in this new episode.
Yūki Kaji.jpg

Yuki Kaji said:
他のシリーズのキャラクターたちが次々と登場している噂は聞いていたので「いつかシトロンも!」と願っておりましたが…今回、その夢が実現して本当に嬉しかったです!しかも、兄妹揃って!テレビアニメ「ポケットモンスター」のアフレコ現場で過ごした3年間は、僕の声優人生にとって、なくてはならないマスターピースだと思っています。本当にたくさんの学びとキラキラをいただいた時間でした。
今回出演するにあたり、テレビアニメ「ポケットモンスターXY」シリーズ終了からの、その後のシトロンの人生を想像しつつ…役者として、少しでも成長した自分をお見せできたらなと思いながらアフレコに臨みました。やはり、ポケモンの現場は熱く、楽しかったです!
内容に関しては、実にシトロンらしさを感じていただけそうな"分析"のドラマになっているかと。とはいえ、サトシとのバトルもバッチリ用意されていますし、あの決めゼリフ「シトロニック・ギア、オン!!」もお聴きいただけるはず…!シトロンとユリーカの兄妹が、サトシやピカチュウたちと再会する瞬間をお見逃しなく!絶対に感動しちゃいますよ!そして願わくば、ぜひ再登場して…今度はゴウとのエピソードなんかも描いてもらえたらな、なんて思っています!無限大に広がるポケモンワールド!ますます盛り上がっていくこと間違いなしですね!
「XY」シリーズファンの皆さんはもちろん…これを機に「XY」に興味を持ってくださった皆さんに、彼らの旅を一からご覧いただけることを祈っています!最高に素敵な物語ですよ!よろしくお願いします!!

So there's always rumors of characters appearing in the anime again one-by-one, and my wish has been that "Someday Citron will too!"...I'm really happy that my dream has now turned into a reality! And with the siblings together! The 3 years that I've spent recording XY have been absolutely amazing. For me, that time was really filled with learning and wonder.
With this appearance, I tried to imagine Citron's life after the Pokémon XY series ended... as an actor, even if only a little bit, I wanted to show how much I had grown. As you'd expect, the Pokémon studio had an passionate feeling and was fun!
In regards to the show's content, I analyzed it like how Citron would. And you'll be able to hear Citron's signature phrase "Citronic Gear On!!" during the battle...! Don't overlook the reunion between Satoshi, Pikachu, Citron, and Yurika! You'll be really moved! I hope to have an episode with Gou and Clemont in it as well! The Pokémon world keeps getting bigger, after all! There will undoubtedly be more and more exciting things to come!
Of course, for all the fans of the XY series... I hope that everyone who has taken an interest in XY will be able to take this opportunity to go back to watch their journey from the very beginning. It's just the most wonderful story! Thank you very much!!

Mariya Ise.jpg

Mariya Ise said:
サトシ役の松本梨香さんをはじめ、テレビアニメ「ポケットモンスターXY」シリーズの時にお世話になった方々にお会いできて嬉しかったですし、何より、またユリーカを演じられることが凄く嬉しかったです。
残念ながらユリーカの兄・シトロン役の梶くんとは一緒に収録はできなかったのですが、アフレコ現場で約3年間を一緒に過ごしてきたので、台本を読んだ時に自然と脳内に梶くんの声が聞こえてきて。きっとこういう風にお芝居するかな…?と想像しながら収録に臨めました。
今回から初めて「アニポケ」をご覧になる方は、天真爛漫でポケモンのお世話が大好きなユリーカの事を好きになって貰えたら嬉しいですし、ぜひテレビアニメ「ポケットモンスターXY」シリーズも観て頂けると良いなと思います。
彼女は年齢的に、まだポケモントレーナーになれない女の子です。見てくださっている方の中にも、ユリーカと近い年齢の子は感情移入して頂けると思いますし、シトロンとユリーカの兄妹のやりとりも魅力的なので、ぜひ、今回の放送とあわせて「ポケットモンスターXY」シリーズもご覧になって頂けたらなと思います!

I was happy to meet with Rica Matsumoto, who plays Satoshi, and the people who took care of me during the TV anime "Pokémon XY" series, and above all, I was very happy to be able to perform as Yurika again.
Sadly I couldn't record together with Kaji-kun, who plays the role of Yurika's older brother, Citron, but because of having spent those three years together recording in the studio, I naturally heard his voice in my head while reading the script. "Surely, it'll play out like this....?", I was imagining while recording.
For those watching "Anipoke" for the first time, I'd be happy if you come to like Yurika, who is innocent and loves to take care of Pokémon, and I think it'd be good if you would please watch the Pokémon XY series as well.
Yurika is a young girl who, in terms of her age, can't yet become a Pokémon Trainer. Among those watching, I think children of a similar age to Yurika can empathise with her, and find the sibling-like back-and-forth between Satoshi and Yurika charming, so I hope you can watch this broadcast, and all of the Pokémon XY series as well!

104.png
The second episode of the special, titled Hyper Class! VS Shitennou Dorasena! (ハイパークラス!VS四天王ドラセナ!! Hyper Class! VS Elite Four Drasna!!), sees Ash taking on the 12th-ranked Ultra Class Drasna of the Kalos Elite Four. Ash challenges her with his powered-up Sirfetch'd and Dracovish! The Dragon-type user Drasna seems kind at first glance, but her technique is nothing to be sneezed at! Will Ash be able to win against such a powerful opponent?!

A special present campaign will also run during the special to show appreciation to fans, though any competitions or giveaways there will unfortunately only be available to viewers located in Japan.
lisianthus Written by lisianthus

Comments

Silktree
Silktree Mar 13, 2022
This isn't a 25th anniversary gift.