Xerneas to debut in Pokémon GO during the Luminous Legends X event
Dratini, Ralts, Bagon, Cottonee will be appearing more frequently in the wild. Pokémon that will hatch from 7 km Eggs include Cleffa, Igglybuff, Azurill, Gible, Swirlix, and Spritzee. Psychic-, Dragon- and Fairy-type Pokémon like Galarian Ponyta, Alolan Exeggutor, Xerneas, and more will be appearing in raids. There will also be event-exclusive Timed and Field Research, and AR-mapping tasks.
During this event, if you evolve a Dragonair or use a Charged TM on a Dragonite, it can learn Draco Meteor. Evolving a Shelgon or using a Charged TM on a Salamence will teach it Outrage.
A brand new item, the Rainy Lure Module, will be introduced. It attracts Water-, Bug-, and Electric-type Pokémon. When near a PokéStop with an active Rainy Lure Module or when the in-game weather is rainy, Sliggoo can evolve into Goodra.
The event will take place starting from May 4, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. local time, and ending on May 17, 2021 at 8:00 p.m. local time.
A Global Challenge will be held from May 4th, at 10:00 a.m. local time, to May 11th, at 8:00 p.m. local time. If you and the other Trainers worldwide catch 500 million Fairy-type Pokémon in total, special bonuses will be available from May 11th at 10:00 a.m. local time to May 17th at 8:00 p.m. local time. Pancham will be debuting and appearing in raid battles, and Shiny Galarian Ponyta can be encountered.Pokémon GO Live said:Features
- Xerneas will make its Pokémon GO debut in five-star raids! This Fairy-type Legendary Pokémon originally discovered in the Kalos region has horns on its head that shine in seven different colors, and legends say it’s known to share everlasting life.
- Spritzee, Swirlix, and Goomy will be making their Pokémon GO debuts! Spritzee and Swirlix will be appearing more frequently in the wild alongside other Dragon- and Fairy-type Pokémon, like Dratini, Ralts, Bagon, Cottonee, and more. If you’re extremely lucky, you might find a Goomy in the wild!
- Rainy Lure Modules are coming to Pokémon GO! This Lure Module will attract certain Pokémon that like rain, such as Water-, Bug-, and Electric-type Pokémon. When you’re near a PokéStop with an active Rainy Lure Module, you can evolve Sliggoo (the Evolution of Goomy) into Goodra. You can also evolve Sliggoo when the in-game weather is rainy.
- Complete event-exclusive Timed Research to encounter Fairy-type Pokémon, including Spritzee and Swirlix, as well as receive a Rainy Lure Module and other rewards.
- The following Pokémon will be hatching from 7 km Eggs: Cleffa, Igglybuff, Azurill, Gible, Swirlix, and Spritzee.
- Psychic-, Dragon- and Fairy-type Pokémon like Galarian Ponyta, Alolan Exeggutor, Xerneas, and more will be appearing in raids!
- Event-exclusive Field Research tasks will lead to encounters with Psychic-, Dragon- and Fairy-type Pokémon, including Galarian Ponyta, Gible, Spritzee, and Swirlix.
- Event-exclusive AR Mapping tasks will lead to encounters with Galarian Ponyta!
- Dragonite and Salamence will be able to learn certain attacks during this event! Evolve a Dragonair or use a Charged TM on a Dragonite to teach it Draco Meteor, and evolve a Shelgon or use a Charged TM on a Salamence to teach it Outrage.
After this event concludes, the Luminous Legends Y event will be held, where the Legendary Pokémon Yveltal will be making its Pokémon GO debut, and Pancham will be hatching from Strange Eggs. More details will be released soon.Pokémon GO Live said:
- A 3× Catch XP bonus will be active for the rest of the event.
- Pancham will make its Pokémon GO debut, appearing in raids for the rest of the event.
- If you’re lucky, you might find a Shiny Galarian Ponyta! Shiny Galarian Ponyta will continue to be available after the event.