Pokémon Masters receives major EX update for first anniversary
Pokémon Masters has received a major update for its first anniversary celebration. As part of the update, the game's name has been changed to Pokémon Masters EX and DeNA have released a new 3D animated trailer.
The update will include new in-game content and events. There are also new promotional Instagram and Facebook filters.
The new content in the EX update includes:
- New Game Mode – Champion Stadium: In the Champion Stadium, players can take on Lance, Lorelei, Bruno, and Agatha of the Kanto Elite Four, as well as the Kanto Champion, Blue. The true challenge of this game mode lies in having to defeat them all in five consecutive battles with a limited number of sync pairs. Once a sync pair has participated in a battle, it cannot battle again while the challenge is underway, making it crucial for players to have an arsenal of powerful sync pairs. The Champion Stadium is available to players who have completed Chapter 10 of the Main Story. In the future, Elite Four members and Champions from other regions of the Pokémon world will also come to the Champion Stadium.
- New Sygna Suits – Red & Charizard, Blue & Blastoise, Leaf & Venusaur: Sygna Suit versions of Blue and Leaf will make their debut in the game, while Sygna Suit Red will return for the first time since the game’s Six Month Celebration in February 2020. (Sygna Suits are special outfits that Trainers can wear into battle on the island of Pasio.) All three sync pairs will be available to add to players' teams via their own character-specific sync pair scouts, available now until 28th September at 06:59AM BST. Each of these three sync pairs possess the skill to Mega Evolve during battle.
- Professor Oak & Mew: Professor Oak & Mew will return to the game until further notice, joining players’ teams once they complete Chapter 2 of the Main Story. This sync pair was previously only available during the Six Month Celebration in February 2020.
- Grass, Fire, and Water-Type Egg Event: This event lets players earn Pokémon Eggs, which can be hatched into Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle. All Pokémon hatched from Eggs can be paired with the game’s Main Character to battle alongside one another. Previously, players could only choose one of these Eggs when they were introduce in April 2020; this event allow players to team up with the two they did not choose. This event is available from September 3 (7:00 AM BST) until September 17 (6:59 AM BST) for players who have completed Chapter 1 of the Main Story.
- 6★ EX Potential: Select sync pairs can now reach a 6★ EX Potential rating, which increases the strength of their sync moves and also provides them with an optional new EX-style outfit to wear. (Previously, sync pairs could only reach a 5★ Potential rating.) Currently, only Sygna Suit Red & Charizard, Sygna Suit Blue & Blastoise, Sygna Suit Leaf & Venusaur, and Rosa & Snivy can achieve a 6★ EX Potential rating. More sync pairs will be able to increase their Potential rating to 6★ EX in the future.
- Bonus Gems: Players that have completed Chapter 1 of the Main Story can receive up to 6,000 Gems (enough to add up to 20 sync pairs to their teams, or 22 using multi-pull) by participating in a number of login challenges available from now until September 14 (6:59 AM BST). Players that log into the game a single time during this period will receive a one-year anniversary bonus of 3,000 Gems. Players can also receive up to an additional 3,000 Gems if they login to the game every day during this period.
A new 3D animated trailer to promote the update can be viewed below: